A veritable treasure trove of options, destined to save the busy cook both time and money.
Improvising can save a savvy cook not only time and money but unnecessary trips to the grocery store. With Seasoning Substitutions you’ll find alternatives and facsimiles for condiments from around the world, enabling you to optimize your choices by cooking with what’s on hand (or less expensive). Making emergency substitutions or ethnic dishes has never been easier, let alone the money you’ll save, the waste you’ll avoid, and the sense of accomplishment you’ll relish.
“A functional, authoritative reference book that home chefs should be glad to have on their shelves.” — Kirkus Reviews
“…full of useful information that makes it worth having in the kitchen.” — IndieReader
This useful A to Z handbook will show you how to:
- Create replicas of commercial products
- Make emergency substitutions for everyday items
- Produce low-fat, low-sugar, or low-salt alternatives to your favorite dishes
- Convert dozens of recipes into gluten-free, lactose-free, or vegan versions
- Understand the differences between various kinds of vinegar, oils, sauces, and sweeteners
- Try new recipes without investing in a one-time needless expenditure
- Use everyday ingredients in place of hard-to-obtain exotic ones
- Embark on a culinary adventure without blowing your food budget
Now On Sale